Student Board RepresentativesTwo Student-Board Representatives on MN-ACHE Board each year
OpportunitiesCommittee member opportunities where student members can collaborate with ACHE executives across the country in solving some of the greatest challenges the healthcare industry faces today.
Reduced AdmissionReduced admission to ACHE-MN and University of Minnesota co- sponsored educational events for MHA or MBA students and faculty members
Networking/ Professional DevelopmentNetworking and professional development opportunities
Special EventsReduced cost admission to ACHE-MN special events such as the ACHE-MN Annual Meeting for all MHA and MBA students
MentoringStudent Mentoring Program to all ACHE student members
Participate in your local MN chapter of ACHE for these top five reasons:
- Access chapter resources, including Web sites that offer local job postings and online membership directories.
- Network with executives who share your community commitment and discuss local healthcare news and challenges.
- Earn the FACHE credential with your peers! Chapters have the resources to conduct information sessions and study groups.
- Sharpen your leadership skills by serving on a chapter committee or task force.
- Attend educational programs that count toward earning or recertifying your ACHE credential without incurring hefty travel expenses.
To be eligible for Student Associate status, you need to:
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time in a four-year program in health services administration or related administrative field that leads to a bachelor’s degree, or be enrolled as a graduate student in such a program.
- Be enrolled in a healthcare management program where the program or college holds at least a regional accreditation.
- Provide ACHE with an official school document, such as an Enrollment Verification Report or transcript (fastest method), or have your Program Director verify your enrollment with this Student Attestation Form.
Note: Student associate status is limited to five years. Student Associate tenure does not count toward the three year tenure requirement to become a Fellow of ACHE (FACHE).
If you are currently a Fellow of ACHE (FACHE) and are changing your status to Student Associate, you will no longer be able to use your credential.
- $75 annually
Note: Your dues will be prorated depending on the date you join:
|Amount Due||$75||$37.50||$75 (Covers next year’s dues in full.)|
If you are currently a Member or Fellow, you will not be able to complete the application online. Please download a PDF version of the application instead and fax it to (312) 424-9405.
“Attending the annual ACHE Congress last March as a Student Program Associate really sold me on the many benefits of being an ACHE member. ACHE is a great way for students and professionals alike to create and sustain relationships and keep pace with innovation in the industry. I will definitely stay involved with ACHE as I join the industry next fall as a professional.”Hilary Johnson
“I chose to pursue a career in healthcare leadership because of my desire to lead those committed to providing outstanding patient care and improving the health of communities. I joined ACHE during my undergraduate healthcare administration program at UW-Milwaukee because of the many educational opportunities available to members. These educational opportunities reinforced with me the continuous learning that is necessary for this profession. ACHE is committed to developing future leaders and offered mentoring and shadowing opportunities for students at Milwaukee. These experiences confirmed with me that this was a career I wanted to pursue. At the University of Minnesota I have benefitted from the networking and educational opportunities offered by ACHE. These experiences have helped me meet other professionals in the area and learn about other organizations. I feel more prepared to enter and contribute to this profession because of my involvement in ACHE.”Adam Kirking