- This event has passed.
Employer and Clinician Partnerships: Leveraging Technology to Transform Value Based Care
September 21, 2017 @ 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
The Minnesota Chapter of ACHE Presents:
Employer and Clinician Partnerships Leveraging Technology to Transform Value Based Care
September 21, 2017
Wayzata Country Club
200 Wayzata Blvd, Wayzata, MN 55391
5:45 – 6:30 pm Social and Networking (Heavy Appetizers & Cash Bar)
6:30 – 8:00 pm Panelist Presentations
8:00 – 8:15 pm Q & A, Closing, and Evaluations
*Approved for 1.5 ACHE Category 1 Face-to-Face Hours
Target Audience: All Healthcare Executives
Value based care is forcing healthcare executives to rethink how they are maintaining and growing the volume of patients their organizations care for. Emerging contracts between payers and employers are centered on quality of care and the patient experience.
In light of these healthcare dynamics, our panelists will discuss two main topics:
- Managing clinical risk within the value-based payment models
- Creating a business plan to increase revenues and how to strategically win in these employer-clinician arrangements.
It requires technology, superior clinical performance, and creative relationships between contractual partners. The technology must provide all stakeholders with the ability to report, document, and carry out best clinical practices without the burden of unnecessary steps for the end user.
Sam Moen, BA – Healthcare Practice Leader, Element Consulting Group
Dave Moen, MD – Emergency Physician, Chief Medical Officer: Occtegrity, Board Chairman: Orthology, TeamMD
Jack Bert, MD – Orthopedic Surgeon, President Arthroscopy Association
John Boone, MD – Ear, Nose, Throat Physician, Allina Health
- Gain an understanding of the value based care landscape and the different contractual opportunities for providers and commercial, government, and self-insured employers.
- Make sense of how bundled payments operate with commercial and government arrangements on both a local and national level.
- Hear a case study regarding a bundled payment/value-based solution to include the resulting ROI along with market predictions for the future state. Discuss the current shift in orthopedic referral volumes and opportunities.
- Learn about current employer requirements for new partnerships that leverage technology, clinical pathways, and patient engagement
- General discussion on market trends in value based care.
Questions for Discussion:
- After seeing multiple iterations of value based care, can you compare some of the advantages of the different models today and why you think they will prevail?
- What are the keys to success in value based care?
- Can you describe the technology necessary for success and how clinicians today are leveraging resources?
- What are some common misconceptions about being successful in a value based arrangement?
- What are some current market opportunities for success in value based care?
- Can you predict how the current Washington Administration will affect the bundled payment market? Should organizations take a “wait and see” approach?
Speaker Biographies: see MN-ACHE Website: http://minnesota.ache.org/