Volunteer at Second Harvest Heartland
November 21, 2019 @ 5:00 pm to 8:00 pmFree
ACHE MN Volunteer Service & Networking
Thursday, November 21
This is a great opportunity to network with ACHE Members and help the community!
5 – 6 p.m. Networking event in Community Room
6 – 8 p.m. Volunteering
Second Harvest Heartland
7101 Winnetka Ave. N.
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
What to Expect During the Volunteer Shift:
In general, volunteers repackage bulk foods such as potatoes, onions, cereal, rice, and other dry goods into family size packages, sort food from food drives and donations, or label canned goods. These items go to our nearly 1,000 partner agencies, including food shelves and feeding programs that serve our hungry neighbors. This position requires that you are able to stand for several hours.
- Closed-toe shoes
- No Jewlery (please remove before coming to volunteer, or we have lockers where belongings can be stored)
- Comfortable, casual clothing
- Parking is available onsite
- Lockers are provided to lock belongings
- Filtered water is available, and we have disposable cups. Volunteers are welcome to bring a water bottle to fill, however no drinks or food are allowed in the food packing space
- Bathrooms available, including gender neutral bathroom