- This event has passed.
Medicare Advantage in Minnesota
October 15, 2019 @ 5:00 pm to 8:00 pmFree
Medicare Advantage in Minnesota: Local Perspectives on Markets Trends
– Background on the federal law requiring “competition” for Medicare Cost plans and why the law significantly impacts Minnesota.
– Differences between Medicare Cost and Medicare Advantage plans.
– Impact of changes on healthcare providers, insurance industry, patients.
– How impacted parties have prepared for and are reacting to the changes.
– Impact on patient volume and staffing resources (i.e. care management).
5pm-5:45pm: Sign-In and Networking (Hors d’Oeuvres)
5:45pm-6pm: Welcome and Opening Comments
- Mathew Bedard, ACHE MN President Elect, Campus Administrator, Cassia
- Mary Ellen Wells, MHA Program Director Dyad Partner and Senior Lecturer, University of Minnesota, School of Public Health
6pm-7:30pm: Panel Discussion and Audience Q&A
- Mike Bingham, Senior Vice President,Optage and Health initiatives, Presbyterian Homes
- Jennifer Myster, President, Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, Vice President, HealthPartners Community Based Services
- Jonathan Lips, Vice President of Legal and Regulatory Affairs, LeadingAge Minnesota
- Ghita Worcester, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs and Chief Marketing Officer, UCare
- Jon Christianson, Professor and James A. Hamilton Chair in Health Policy and Management, University of Minnesota, School of Public Health
7:30pm-8pm: Closing and Final Networking
East Bank Campus, University of Minnesota
Coffman Memorial Union (Mississippi Room)
Parking at East River Ramp
1.5 ACHE Face-to-Face Education Credits have been approved for this program.
1.5 BENHA CEU’s have been approved for this program.