- This event has passed.
The Future of Healthcare Financing
October 24, 2019 @ 12:30 pm to 2:30 pmFree
Financing, a driving force on the healthcare landscape, continues to become more complex as we navigate the transition to value-based payment. With budgetary pressures on Medicare and Medicaid, quality perspectives and federal and commercial payer expectations for investment in technology without regard to costs, executives must constantly monitor the financing landscape. Given these pressures, many questions emerge.
- Learn about the outlook for Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance and their impact on organizational strategy and planning
- Discover national, regional and local models of value-based payment at health systems, rural critical access hospital and rural health clinics
- Consider the current issues and challenges in providing charity care, controlling bad -debt and implementing population health strategies
- Learn about strategic approaches to monitoring and adjusting to financing issues
12:30 pm – 12:45 pm Welcome, Introductions and Comments
- Mark Sonneborn, Minnesota ACHE Regent and Minnesota Hospital Association
12:45 pm – 2:15 pm Panel
- Kevin Boren, CFO, Essentia Health – East Market, Duluth
- Rick Breuer, CEO, Community Memorial Hospital, Cloquet
- Joe Schindler, Vice President of Finance, Minnesota Hospital Association
- Moderator – Greg Ruberg, CEO, Lake View Hospital, Two Harbors
2:15 pm – 2:30 pm Closing Comments and Evaluation
- Sally Buck, Northern MN ACHE Chair, National Rural Health Resource Center
Co-sponsored by the Minnesota Hospital Association
1.5 ACHE Face-to-Face Education Credits have been approved for this program.